Hey there I have a Toshiba M305 s49052 and I want to change the OS to XP due to a virus. This virus is blocking my net access. The problem that I am having is that when I run the Windows xp OS disc, I get a stop error after the disc loads all the funny stuff and is heading to the section where I would format the hard drive. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hey there I have a Toshiba M305 s49052 and I want to change the OS to XP due to a virus. This virus is blocking my net access. The problem that I am having is that when I run the Windows xp OS disc, I get a stop error after the disc loads all the funny stuff and is heading to the section where I would format the hard drive. Any suggestions?

so you are posting in the Vista forum ,so i will assume you have vista and are changing back to xp, the laptop is fairly new so i will also assume your problem is SATA harddrive problem ,xp does not have sata drivers in it by default so you would need to create a new xp install disk slipstreaming the SATA drivers into [good program to use is nlite] you need to acquire the driver from Toshiba .also there might be a setting in the laptops BIOS to change a setting from sata mode to ata mode not sure where in there but give a look for it ,,it might be easier to either just to reinstall Vista or go to our spyware ,virues and other nasties section to get help removing the virus

commented: Neat +1

Thanks much worked like a charm.

Thanks much worked like a charm.

your welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.