hey evry time i start up mah computer and log in, it takes a while to load my settings and when ever i am in my taskbar freezes...for a long time ..about 5-10mins max..i have to like keep opening folders to get it working properly.. i neva modify the system files or anything like dat..my programs i use are ZoneAlarm, Panda antivirus, AVG anti-virus and winpatrol..it also comes up with system error "microsoft recovered from a system error" or somthing like dat... my computer is a AMD athlon xp 3000+, 512mb ram,cd-rw drive,dvd-rw drive,modem card ,120gb hd,400w PSU and a ECS KM400 M2 motherboard..all with the latest drivers..dis is the 3rd time i reinstalled xp pro...please help me..in dis..i got oda comps to fix :)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

hey evry time i start up mah computer and log in, it takes a while to load my settings and when ever i am in my taskbar freezes...for a long time ..about 5-10mins max..i have to like keep opening folders to get it working properly.. i neva modify the system files or anything like dat..my programs i use are ZoneAlarm, Panda antivirus, AVG anti-virus and winpatrol..it also comes up with system error "microsoft recovered from a system error" or somthing like dat... my computer is a AMD athlon xp 3000+, 512mb ram,cd-rw drive,dvd-rw drive,modem card ,120gb hd,400w PSU and a ECS KM400 M2 motherboard..all with the latest drivers..dis is the 3rd time i reinstalled xp pro...please help me..in dis..i got oda comps to fix :)

Your computer could have been infected with a spyware. Make sure you have the lastest patch from Microsoft. Download and install Microsoft's AntiSpyware. While you're at it, might as well do a disk cleanup and defrag.

download MS antispyware?? where can i get that from?? im also using spybot SD and AD-ware personal...i analyzed the HD and it says i dont need to defrag it..but i havent tryd cleanup yet..

Shouldn't need the MS antispyware tool with all that installed.

But I have to wonder - do you have ALL of those set to background scan? That'd slow things down and cause lockups, for sure!

Have ONE antivirus program background scanning and ONE anti-spyware program background scanning. Use the others manually when you want to check with them.

yea im using sypbot sd resident shield and panda titanium anti-virus protection at the same time...last time i used panda and AVG with zone alarm runnig on my computer...but things are geting fine rite now so dun worry...i have updated everything including the MS updates...so thanks 4 your help on dis topic.. :D :D :)

Using an antivirus shield and an anti-spyware shield at the same time should not be a problem. They do different jobs. But using more than one of the same type of program as an 'always-on' shield can cause conflicts.

Ill remember that for sure :p i hoope i wont get into anymore conflicts with my computer...thanks man.. :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.