Greetings.

So I'm having a problem accessing HTTPS sites and can't seem to figure out why.

The problem occurs in IE, Firefox and Netscape so at least it's consistant ;). But not that all SSL options are filled in in IE, FireFox etc, such as SSL 2.0, 3.0 etc.

What really throws me off is that when trying to figure out the problem, I shut down all firewalls (had Sygate Personal AND Window Firewall running previously). Despite all firewalls being down, I still can't access HTTPS pages.

Anyone have any advice?

I recenlty went through a reinstall of XP Pro and now have Client Services for NetWare up and running and can't seem to get rid of it and go back to a graphical login sequence. Is the CSNW the problem? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

matt

email@clearstage.com

Try this in a dos box

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

It fixed all problems!

Try this in a dos box

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

It fixed all problems!

Great solution. Worked for me. Thanks!

Hello,
I'm having the same problem - can't access some https sites. This happened just recently, I never had a problem with these sites before. I cannot open them in IE or Mozilla. Other people are able to access these sites from their PCs so I know the problem is with my PC, not the site.
I've tried all kinds of solutions found online but nothing seems to work.
This is not for all https sites, just for some of them.
Thanks for your help!

Thanks very much you are a very good help. Only you helped with my problem .

Thank you very much !! Really!

Try this in a dos box

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

It fixed all problems!

im a computer idiot... are we to type those command on the command prompt?where to access dos?

It showes i'm conneted but can not access any web sites

HELP..............

Hi, I have the same problem as you reported. This happened after I reinstalled Symantec Client Firewall. If I disable Symantec, I'm able to connect to https sites. But why Symantec does this and how can I fix the problem? In the firewall, all ports are open for IE and Firefox, but still have no idea how to solve this problem. I appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Mike

start .. run ... cmd will access 'Dos box' .. ** if you are that new>> I most respectfully submit. Leave it alone and have someone else who is savy fix it and look over their shoulder. You will have more questions arise than microsofts disinformational articles can answer.
xp dies 4-8-14 I cried when I buried win98 sp2. and have been a die hard user of OS xpsp3 for decade plus but they must be dropping bullets to screw systems because I have never had the problems with a fresh install like I have had recent.lots of hoop jumping and error messages. and things still don't work proper. I has to be being done on purpose to ween users off. I can't access https: with fresh install but my other two laptops can navigate site NP. I am getting validation errors from OEM install disk from microsoft. So If your a newbie like you say?? don't bother learning this kung-fu it is dusty and worn. I say with duress upgrade to newer OS and count your dead ducks. oh BTW processors that can run XP can be upgraded to win 7 but can't handle the load and clock out hot and shut down. so be ready to buy a tablet, it is what they want so they can see you easier. most commonly refered to as an agenda for the gurus and to the lame it is called "that's just the way it is" good luck

anti-virus software and firewalls are for tracking YOUR activity!!!!! it forces all of your viewing and surfing to go thru that companys filters. which are funded by grants from homeland due to the 9-11 theater. if you know how to re-install OS why are you using antivirus software? HINT dont use same computer to surf as the one you use to go to your bank and credit cards. hence no fear of identity theft. don't access secure sites from public wi-fi. stop being stupid and pay your bills in private inside your own home access. can't afford another laptop?? BullS#!t!! most college kids throw thier laptops out after semester. green collections have hundreed that work that the owners are too stupid or untrained to fix.. easier to buy new than get a $3.99 keyboard off or ebay and turn two screws. so like I always say just because you can buy a wrench doesn't mean you have the skill to turn it!!

Try check IP Forwarding from public IP Address to private IP Address

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.