hi recently, my comp started to act weird again..whenever i open a file that is named in chinese characters, when it opens, the titlebar will nt show the chinese names.instead, boxes are seen.also, when i play chinese music using media player, even though i can see the chinese characters in the now playing list, when i view the "now playin" window, which shows the title of the song and the singer with the visualization mode, the characters will again show boxes only.lastly, my login name which was in chinese characters also showed as boxes.i hav enabled the advance text services but stil no use.it was ok just awhile ago.don't know wads the problem behind.can someone help me pls?? :cry:
(i hav attached 2 pictures, one is the titlebar prob and the other is the windows media's)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

darkads,

Get yourself a tag editor and change the chinese characters to english.

J_

but i was able to display the chinese chars previously..besides even some of the unicodes are not able to be displayed...and its lik the whole system is messed up..not only the songs..

hi recently, my comp started to act weird again..whenever i open a file that is named in chinese characters, when it opens, the titlebar will nt show the chinese names.instead, boxes are seen.also, when i play chinese music using media player, even though i can see the chinese characters in the now playing list, when i view the "now playin" window, which shows the title of the song and the singer with the visualization mode, the characters will again show boxes only.lastly, my login name which was in chinese characters also showed as boxes.i hav enabled the advance text services but stil no use.it was ok just awhile ago.don't know wads the problem behind.can someone help me pls?? :cry:
(i hav attached 2 pictures, one is the titlebar prob and the other is the windows media's)

All you have to do is press alt 1 or 2 times

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.