Ok this is strange and I'm not sure how this happens but here goes...

I got an email in my hotmail account that when I click on to open flashes a black screen up really quickly (I managed to read the words 'remove' and 'disable') & makes my PC restart. Hotmail support is of no use (suprise surprise!) but I want to know what the heck is this thing?
My firewall shows no new or unusual connections & my virus scanner comes up clean.... anyone know what this is?

Ta!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi there
Similar probs but mine will show the inbox but gives 'error on page' when trying to open my email

It is driving me nuts.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Clear your cache, temp. internet files., and cookies. Then give it a shot.

Clear your cache, temp. internet files., and cookies. Then give it a shot.

It is a problem with JavaScript that made my system restart (got this info from another post).

Thanks anyway!

Ok this is strange and I'm not sure how this happens but here goes...

I got an email in my hotmail account that when I click on to open flashes a black screen up really quickly (I managed to read the words 'remove' and 'disable') & makes my PC restart. Hotmail support is of no use (suprise surprise!) but I want to know what the heck is this thing?
My firewall shows no new or unusual connections & my virus scanner comes up clean.... anyone know what this is?

Ta!

try this it worked for me go into tools, internet options, programs where it says email change to what eva you use. if this works tell me on kman703@hotmail.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.