Hey everyone, I am a noobie to DanWeb my appologies if I chose the wrong forum.

Anyways, on with my question. About 2 weeks ago my home computer was acting a little funny. Started slowing down, and oddly enough it was making my text on the screen go fuzzy and got hard to read after awhile.

Then, one day I get this blue screen which read "System has caused a critical error" Some of the things I wrote down were :

"Caused by Win32k.sys"

Then at the bottom it said "Dumping physical memory" and then began counting down. It restarted a few times, but once I tried to go back to normal use of the computer it would do it again. So I ran all the needed adware,spyware & virus scanners, just to see what it would find. Found a few and cleaned/deleted them.

Still had the same issue so I tried to re-install windows, it wouldn't even let me do that. I can't remember the message but it said it was unable to finish the install.

Now, it does nothing. No boot up or anything. Power comes on, but sits at a blank screen. I have no idea what happened, I assume I need a new hd.

How can I get some information & files rom that hd to my laptop now? Or is it gone?

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Catweazle

That sounds like it may be a hardware issue other than a hard drive one. If it was simply a failed hard drive the system would still POST, but most likely get stuck at the 'Operating system not found' stage.

Might be an idea to get the system checked by a technician.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.