Currently running Windows M.E
At boot up I was told to run scanreg/fix to fix a problem I had.
I did so, and the computer successfully loaded to the windows login screen
However, we have 4 identities on this computer and a number of problems have now arose.
1. My documents link in the start menu used to link straight to that logged in users files, but now it wont open any window
2. Cant log in to hotmail or my msn messenger
3. The symbols @ and " have strangely switched places when typed
4. The search for files or folders in the start menu has now gone
5. My USB mouse has stopped working, and therefore I am using an old mouse(non usb)
I have ran scan disc, defrag, removed temp files etc
Also I have used scanreg/restore to no effect
I thought it was a problem with the drivers but i have had this problem before and it suddenly just fixed
Anyone know how i can fix this? and how i can prevent it happening again?
thanks for your time