I've two computers that are connected to a cable modem,one directly and the other wireless. The problem is that when I go to shutdown either one of them they're taking forever and a day to do this,and I don't know what could be causing this has anyone had this problem or know what can be done? I'm not running anymore programs than I was before the prob,running windows XP.

I've two computers that are connected to a cable modem,one directly and the other wireless. The problem is that when I go to shutdown either one of them they're taking forever and a day to do this,and I don't know what could be causing this has anyone had this problem or know what can be done? I'm not running anymore programs than I was before the prob,running windows XP.

Try disabling IEEE 802.1x. Right click on Network Places, click Properties. Right click on LAN connection, click on Porperties. Click on the Authentication tab, uncheck box for IEEE.. Also, remove any IEEE protocol in the Network configuration (not TCP/IP). This has fixed many PCs here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.