im trying to format this computer so i tried setting it to boot from the cd rom first and i relized that i dont have that option in the bios. So i tired putting my xp cd in anyway and no luck same thing with the 98 boot disk

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

im trying to format this computer so i tried setting it to boot from the cd rom first and i relized that i dont have that option in the bios. So i tired putting my xp cd in anyway and no luck same thing with the 98 boot disk

Hi ,I think if you computer is that old that it doesn't have the cd boot first option then you won't enjoy winxps' speed anyway ,what OS is on it now ? win98.Any way you can go to www.bootdisk.com and get the winxp boot floppys .and try that ,make sure you computer is set for the floppy disk, first boot

i cant change the boot order at all thats one of the main problems. Its a windows 98 machine now im pretty sure

Some Compaq systems were set to boot from CD first and did not include the option to change boot order. Are you sure the Windows CDs you are using are actually bootable ones, in good working order, and not dirty or scratched?

^^yea its a perfect cd from microsoft ive used it many times

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.