I have an incompatibility issue installing live mesh on vista business and Windows 7. I am told there is an upgrade for both, but cannot find from where to download it. Can someone tell me where do I find the upgrade and how do I install it.

Thanks.

Raya

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

hi never heard of live mesh but not hard to find info about it .
https://www.mesh.com/welcome/default.aspx

Hi, so far the water is high and there are no rocks! I have Win7 on my notebook. Solved the live mesh problem, but have another question.

I have 2 desktops (XP and Vista) connected by network, one printer and one screen. The printer stopped printing from both, it prints only from the computer to which it is connected, although it is shared. Files, printing and even the public folder are all shared. Whenver I try to print from the computer which is not connected directly to the printer, it shows the printing que with a WINPRINT and next to it is the Windows Logo.

Do you know of a solution?

Thanks,

Raya

Do you know of a solution?

nope sorry,but maybe someone else will see this and help, what computer is not printing the xp or vista

it depends into which the printer cable is connected. The problem is that the two computers on the network did not see each other. Do I have to change the workgroup in both to be the same, since the assigned workgroup for Vista is WORKGROUP and the one for XP is MSHOME. I now changed the Workgroup to MSHOME also in Vista, and can see both computers in the workgroup both on Vista and XP.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks.

Raya

it depends into which the printer cable is connected. The problem is that the two computers on the network did not see each other. Do I have to change the workgroup in both to be the same, since the assigned workgroup for Vista is WORKGROUP and the one for XP is MSHOME. I now changed the Workgroup to MSHOME also in Vista, and can see both computers in the workgroup both on Vista and XP.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks.

Raya

im not the best with networks ,but i do know that the 2 computers have to be on the same network to work.
http://compnetworking.about.com/od/basicnetworkingconcepts/Networking_Basics_Key_Concepts_in_Computer_Networking.htm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.