I have a Dell Inspiron 6400.

I had a few problems on the Laptop which basically kept taking my google searches into ASK or Britania. I ran worms, Malware and spy bot, but nothing found.

I then found an update symbol from MS in the bottom right hand of the bar. It downloaded this and said it was successful update but needed to restart -

1- Its not worked since. It loads to the black microsoft XP screen and the bar goes back and forth. Then the bar slows right down and nothing else happens. It stays like this for 4 hours and nothing.

2 - I load up again and go into safe mode. Instantly a load of writing appears on the screen, most with win 32 in the text, then a blue screen loads. This says STOP 0x0000007e.

3 - Ive tried safe mode, the two safe modes below and I get the same as no 2.

4 - I dont have a recovery disk. At this stage I cannot get into the system to fix it?

5 - On the keyboard I have a green no 9 the other lights are off. But, I only had 4.4. GB of space when I added the update.

any suggestions

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi, this is most important !
4 - I dont have a recovery disk. At this stage I cannot get into the system to fix it?

you are going to be able to little or nothing wit out it or some other form of boot disk like UBDcd
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Hi, this is most important !

you are going to be able to little or nothing wit out it or some other form of boot disk like UBDcd
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Thanks - I will try the UBDcd and see how that works.

thanks

This still isnt going well! Ive downloaded UBCD version 4.q for win.exe and have it on a disk.

I cant seem to find what to do with it?

1 - I put the disk in on start up and nothing.

2 - i press F12 change boot to only do CDrom - I only have option to put CDrom as 1 and the following one as 2? I start up PC and it thinks about it. Then comes up with Cannot boot, F1 to re-try, etc...

3 - It takes me to safe mode asnd nothing? what am I missing??

I have downloaded the boot x3 1/ in Zip, 2/ in previous extracted zip and 3/ .exe and nothing.

This still isnt going well! Ive downloaded UBCD version 4.q for win.exe and have it on a disk.

I cant seem to find what to do with it?

1 - I put the disk in on start up and nothing.

2 - i press F12 change boot to only do CDrom - I only have option to put CDrom as 1 and the following one as 2? I start up PC and it thinks about it. Then comes up with Cannot boot, F1 to re-try, etc...

3 - It takes me to safe mode asnd nothing? what am I missing??

I have downloaded the boot x3 1/ in Zip, 2/ in previous extracted zip and 3/ .exe and nothing.

use the iso download ,it will burn and make the disk bootable
use iso imageburn to burn it if your burning software doesn'r support iso burning
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

use the iso download ,it will burn and make the disk bootable
use iso imageburn to burn it if your burning software doesn'r support iso burning
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Right I've finally done it as a USB. I load the pc and it says press enter to boot ubcd.

1 if I just leave it it says chain boot fail.

2 if I click boot hard disc 1 it says above
if I do hard disc 2 it says no master.

3 I can't find recovery console

I kind find anything else on the ubcd to fix or boot my system

Right I've finally done it as a USB. I load the pc and it says press enter to boot ubcd.

1 if I just leave it it says chain boot fail.

2 if I click boot hard disc 1 it says above
if I do hard disc 2 it says no master.

3 I can't find recovery console

I kind find anything else on the ubcd to fix or boot my system

Sorry a lot of above was done on Phone.

anyway - There is no recovery console on there and the two boot disk - I keep getting a message about no chain boot??

I tried most things on the disc but nothing that can get me into my laptop - HELP

sorry it been so long since i have used ubdisk,maybe later today i will try it and give suggestion.
sorry i recommended ubcd ,its use it complicated at best .
i now will suggest borrowing a windows cd and running recovery ,and do a chkdsk /f

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.