I have tried to set up a home network. It is not working, but now I have two workgroups (neither of which appear to do what I want.) I want to start over but I dont want a 3rd workgroup. Is there a way to get myself out of the one I am in an delete them?

I tried going to the System Info for My Computer but that doesnt seem to help. I also tried doing it from Explorer and that doesnt seem to work.

Im sure its just something I am too novice to figure out and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

I have tried to set up a home network. It is not working, but now I have two workgroups (neither of which appear to do what I want.) I want to start over but I dont want a 3rd workgroup. Is there a way to get myself out of the one I am in an delete them?

I tried going to the System Info for My Computer but that doesnt seem to help. I also tried doing it from Explorer and that doesnt seem to work.

Im sure its just something I am too novice to figure out and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

You don't actually 'delete' a workgroup. You simply change which workgroup your computer is a member of. Right-click "My Computer", click the "Computer Name" tab, and click "Change".

It may also help to post what you are trying to accomplish with your network.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.