I have tried to set up a home network. It is not working, but now I have two workgroups (neither of which appear to do what I want.) I want to start over but I dont want a 3rd workgroup. Is there a way to get myself out of the one I am in an delete them?

I tried going to the System Info for My Computer but that doesnt seem to help. I also tried doing it from Explorer and that doesnt seem to work.

Im sure its just something I am too novice to figure out and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Contributors
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by kraine

I have tried to set up a home network. It is not working, but now I have two workgroups (neither of which appear to do what I want.) I want to start over but I dont want a 3rd workgroup. Is there a way to get myself out of the one I am in an delete them?

I tried going to the System Info for My Computer but that doesnt seem to help. I also tried doing it from Explorer and that doesnt seem to work.

Im sure its just something I am too novice to figure out and I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

You don't actually 'delete' a workgroup. You simply change which workgroup your computer is a member of. Right-click "My Computer", click the "Computer Name" tab, and click "Change".

It may also help to post what you are trying to accomplish with your network.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.