I have a problem when I select properties of files option, when selected the computer lock's up . I can still use the mouse and after pressing the ALT-CTRL-DEL buttons a few times I get control of the computer again.

I have a problem when I select properties of files option, when selected the computer lock's up . I can still use the mouse and after pressing the ALT-CTRL-DEL buttons a few times I get control of the computer again.

try letting the computer sit, it may not have locked up, it may instead just be using alot of resources; so it seems like it's locked up when its not. i know for my computer, sometimes when i clear the cookies, everything freezes up for a bit but then i regain controll of the computer after its done. (but thats only for those times when i dont clear the cookies in a really long time!)

also, what are your computer specs...if you have a slower computer, this can even further it...so can small ammounts of memory because if it runs out of memory to run with it will switch to HDD space for memory which is rediculously slow.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.