About 3 years ago, I had a Windows 98 system, then upgraded it to XP. I have a Kodak DVC325 Digital Video Camera, and now it doesn't work. I downloaded the driver here: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/downloads/dln_ekn.jhtml?ekn=EKN009389 and unziped it to the DVC325 file. Should it automatically work or is there something I need to do after unzipping it? When I try to install it with the CD after downloading the driver, it says "RegDBGetKeyValueEx failed." And will not install. Any help?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Read the install instructions on the download page in you post ,

This is from the instruction page

Check that the camera is not plugged into the computer.
WINDOWS 2000 and XP Professional users need to be logged in as a user with administrator privilege.
Verify that the DVC software is not installed on the system. If installed, uninstall before continuing.
Click the Download button to download the software.
Double-click the download file.
Specify the folder to Unzip the files to.
Double-click the setup.exe file. WINDOWS 2000 and XP users are likely to get a "Digital Signature Not Found" dialog during the install. If it appears, click Yes to proceed with the install.
Upon completion, plug the camera's USB cable into the computer and begin using

I followed all of the instructions on it though, although one thing I dont understand, where is the setup.exe file? Do I find it in the DVC325 folder?

I followed all of the instructions on it though, although one thing I dont understand, where is the setup.exe file? Do I find it in the DVC325 folder?

what ever folder you put the downloaded drivers in !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.