So far i've bought 3 Mic's thinkin it was because they were al rubbish but i got the same one as my friend hers is fine, i can hear he television but she cant hardly hear me. So i've been looking around and found i need to get to 'Mic Boost' but i cant. Advanced options is greyed out and i just cant get to it. I think im using C-Wave media device, correctme if im wrong i dont know. But yea its annoying considering the price of the last mic bought. Can anyone help me with getting to mic boost?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Try this, I think it will work.

Go to Control Panel, then Sounds and Audio Devices.

go to the voice tab. (advanced options is grey, and can't select).

But then go to volume in the voice recording selection, under microphone there should be an advanced button which you can select.

Mic Boost is there for you to select.

Hope this helps, but I can see your point that it is hard to find.

Alternatively, in the microphone controls, from the bottom right of the screen, go to properties, and make sure microphone box is checked. Once added to the controls, there is an advanced button under the slider, and you can get mic boost in the same way.

Make sure you volume for the mic is maxed.

Nope that still isnt any help
i tried the first one but all i get is this, and the advanced options in options is greyed out aswell

[IMG]http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/2984/damiweb1hu.jpg[/IMG]

as for the second one, i havent got a clue where that is, i dont have it on my task or or anything or in the system tray.

I fixed it. I had lost the short cut to mixer.exe which had the mic boost option so

I also have this problem, and I've followed these instructions and I can't get them to work. I have had Mic Boost working before, but when I had to roll back the registry and settings on my computer, it was lost. I remember having the hardest time trying to find it.

Anyway, here are the specifics.

I am using realtek audio HD input as my "mic" (it's a soundcard default, apparently). I am running Win XPSP2. When I open the advanced volume controls and go options, the advanced controls setting is greyed out. Also, all the sliders under recording except the master control are locked. In short, like the above poster.

I can't find the mixer.exe, so if that's the only way, could someone post a path?

EDIT: Ha ha. Here's one way how to do it if all your options are greyed out:

Go to the Advanced Volume Controls under output.

Then go down the list of available sliders that can be shown.

If you're using the front port, then go down to Front Pink (or whatever colour) In

If you're using the back port, go to Rear Pink In

Check the box

Then go to the normal output meter on Advanced Volume Controls.

Go Options--->Advanced Controls.

Then click the Advanced button under Front (or rear) Pink In.

At the bottom of that window, click the Mic Boost option.

It should now work

How to get on the advanced tab highlighted in sound recording in audio tab in sound and audio devices properties?

Hmm i have a mic boost problem too..

I cant find it. all the guides i looked at says that its in the advanced settings in sound recording..

But instead of 1 micboost. i only find 1 monitering. Why is that and where is my mic boost option?

Open volume control.

If the single slider shows, the advanced button opens the mixer panel.

Then choose Options / Properties.

The check boxes for the various devices are in there.

Try this, I think it will work.

Go to Control Panel, then Sounds and Audio Devices.

go to the voice tab. (advanced options is grey, and can't select).

But then go to volume in the voice recording selection, under microphone there should be an advanced button which you can select.

Mic Boost is there for you to select.

Worked, Thanks. Its weird cause any other way to access it was greyed out -_-

I was having the same problem (disappeared microphone Advanced button) in 2012. The last posts here were 2007 but someone may find this useful. My OS is Windows XP, SP2 and SP3.

SOLUTION: While focus is on the Windows Mixer window, type Control-S.

Ctrl-S switches back and forth between a full view and a compact view of the mixers. Only the full view has the Advanced button. In the compact view Advanced is greyed out.

There is also a very nice utility called Mixer Browser that will give you access to all mixer functions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.