First off, hello.

To start, I am an avid Photoshop user, and have been for the pst 4-5 months. A couple of weeks ago, I deleted alot of my games etc on my computer to save space and such. 2 Days ago, when I tried to open photoshop, it says I don't have enough memory (RAM), when It hasn't said since I got it. I don't have alot of things running when I open it, maybe the internet and a Messenger, but it still refuses to open. I only have 256MB of ram, (i know, sad, isn't it?), but that hasen't been a problem in the past until now.

So my question is, do I really have to buy a whole new stick or two of memory, or is their some way to figure out what is hogging all of my RAM up? :-|

Thanks,

Rios. :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Personally I would consider uping your ram. Its really cheap anymore. Your error that you dont have enough ram could be a indication that the ram you have is going bad. I myself have 512 and really need to jump to a gig. Xp is such a resource hog.

Yeah thanks for the comment. I am seriously considering uping my ram, but I have run into a problem. Some of the only ram I can find is 185-200Pin, whereas I need 168! I have had alot of trouble even finding that size, and when I run into it its 133, and right now I have 266MHz.

GRRR. All I really need is to get ps up and running, and then I will have somthing to occupy my time while I search for ram that suits my needs :)

Thanks again,

Epic. :cheesy:

Hello,

It is possible that you can no longer open photoshop because of your program deletions on your hard drive. It is possible that Photoshop was using a chunk of hard drive space as virutal memory, and when you deleted programs and added some new ones, it is possible that the large contiguous space is no longer available.

Photoshop should work with 256 MB of RAM, but that is the root of your problem. More RAM means a happier computer (to a point!).

Try defragging your hard disk. That should open up contiguous free space on your hard drive.

Christian

I'm guessing that as photoshop was working fine before, his RAM modules may have gone bad. Check system properties and see the amount of RAM detected....

Yeah, thanks alot for the replies!

I think the safest bet for me would be just to upgrade my ram. Some of the only ram I can find is 185-200Pin, whereas I need 168! I have had alot of trouble even finding that size, and when I run into it its 133, and right now I have 266MHz. I've looked at new egg, zipzoomfly and some other places, with no immediate luck.

grr

Hmm, I tried to defragment, but it came up with this error.

''C:\System Volume Information\_restore{82236178-BD33-415A-B31C-2AED566F5144}\RP67\SNAPSHOT\_REGISTERY_MACHINE_SYSTEM"

Does any one know what this means?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.