My computer turns on and most of the time it makes a weird beep/clicking noise while starting up, then I get an error message saying " primary hard disk 1 not found" and it asks me to retry boot...sometimes I start it up and it works just fine but then freezes if I try to fix something once windows is running. I can't figure out what is wrong with it or what to do to fix it and its current state has rendered it pretty much useless...If anyone has any clue on whats wrong with it or how to fix it, could you please help me...I'm losing my mind trying to fix it...Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What kind of Hard drive are you using... IDE? Do u fiddle with the cables alot... i have had problems when i am switching cables between hard drives of the cable goin bad because its getting pulled so much that it loses connection between the ribbon, and connection point.. that being said some times windows would start, sometimes it wouldnt be able to find the hard dirve depending on if i tried pushing the cable back together. so i'd say 1 thing you could try is switching the cable to a new one...

As you hear a clicking sound, I suspect your hard disk is going to crash. BACKUP YOUR DATA RIGHT NOW and get a new hard drive...

Yeah if your hard drive is making clicking noises, its probably on its last leg and is time to buy a new one....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.