Recently whenever i log into windows for not more than 10 minutes i get this blue screen message and i have to shutdown and restart.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart computer.

Run system diagnostic utility supplied by hardware manufacture. Run memory check for faulty or mismatched memory. Try changing video adapters.

Stop : 0x0000007f
( 0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical Mem Dump complete.

Now if i run windows in safe mode i can stay on windows for several hours without ever having this problem.

I've looked into perhaps a virus and reformated my computer. Still same problems. I thought perhaps driver and software issues. So i updated all my drivers and software ...still same problem and also just to mention after i reformated my computer and the first time windows was booted up it shutdown and restarted itself. So to me that eliminated the chance of a driver and software issue.

Now that leads me to a possible hardware failure. So i ran a memory test and my memory is fine. Maybe its my power supply and maybe its my video card. I will certainly check those tonight but what other problems can it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello, my pc is doing the exact same thing cant figure out why if you found a reason for this or more importantly a fix please tell me it's driving me bonkers thanks Tarvon or email me at AKATarvon@aol.com ...

Hi, I just went through the issue you had posted on to the site. After researching upon this I have got a solution.
It is that u need to remove the memory chip from the slot and start it back once and put back the memory chip back and restart the sys. There are 75% chances that it will resolve the issue.

I fixed it a problem like that a while back, I thought the memory was bad, when I put the memory back in and it passed memtest, rebooted with no problems.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.