Well Scince I Installed This Linksys Wireless G USB Adapter,my pc freezes at random times,can anyone help,PLZ!!!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Not until you let us know what make and model:

Your computer
Your motherboard
Other components
Windows Service packs

and any other relevent information.

Download, install and run Everest Home Edition if you do not know identification details of relevent components. Most important information we need to know is make and model if a 'brand name' computer or motherboard make and model if not.

Installed Windows service packs and updates are also important for things like USB and wireless.

Here are my PC specs,and such....

heh heh.......

Don't know what you tried to do just then, but copy/paste would probably be good :D

oops,must have not came up,but here they are again (TYPED)

PC:Compaq Presario 6000

Service pack 2(installed after i installed the usb adapter)

Direct x:9.0c

CPU Type:AMD Atholon XP,1666 MHz 2000+

Motherboard Chipset:VIA VT8375 ProSavageDDR KM266

Motherboard Name:FIC AM35

System Memory:224 MB

Bios Type:Award(11/28/02)

Network Adapter:Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

Network Adapter:Linksys Wireless-G Portable USB Adapter

HElp PLZ?

HElp PLZ?

I had a similar problem. It turned out the my firewalls were messing the thing up. Might wanna try and configure that.

what would i do to configure it??

First iu need to know what firewall you have. Such aas norton or zonealarm ect.

eh...Windows FireWall is all that i have

Have you updated the wireless usb driver yet? If you haven't, you should. Also, try to move it to another USB port.

Have you defragged your drive lately. It wouldn't be a bad idea to do a disk cleanup, chkdsk, & defrag. Here's a link from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/AtWork/getstarted/speed.mspx/

you may have made a very serious mistake by installing windows xp service pack 2 on your compaq.prior to installing service pack to on your comaq pc you need to go to this page and follow the directions on said page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=c00218731&lc=en .the directions lay out which driver updates NEEDS to be installed before installing service pack 2.if you did not update these drivers this could be causing your issue.if you did not install these updates,you need to roll back service pack 2,do all windows updates,all hp driver updates on that page,get your antivirus updated to latest definitions and then in install microsoft windows xp service pack 2.then and only then can you do some accurate symtom diagnosis.before you do this your system would be to unstable to accuraely diagnose issue. :D

you may also want to check to make sure your power supply meets requirmets for your wireless adapter.if not you may want to try a powered hub for your usb devices.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.