my vista system USB ports recognize everything except the mouse. The device driver says successfully downloaded however, mouse still does not work. (4 different new mouse). Please help

Have you tried in various ports? Have you tried in other computers?

yes I have tried different ports my camera still downloads pictures and any other USB devices still work. The mouse works on my wife ans children s laptop. I tried several different mouse and none works USB nor PS/2

Ok, so your computer hates mouses. Is it a laptop or desktop? might be a driver conflict with a previous mouse you had, try finding any software related to your previous mouse and uninstall it.

Thanks for the reply actually the only software is synaptics pointing device any other is installed on the mouse oh it's a laptop. The problem is I only can use my left hand prior the mouse was operating and it was great I need that mouse back

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.