Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I got them all deleted after I unistalled but the folder in the program files won't delete. It says it can't. I need to wipe it clean and start over. I know I need to add a letter or something but what? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

did you use "Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Abode?

It depends on what that message was, if it said it can't because it is in use, try deleting it in the safe mode, but as previously suggested you should be able to delete it in the conrol pannel under add and remove programs.

What Adobe product are you trying to remove?

I toiled over this problem for DAYS...and if anyone is out there suffering ..as I.. I have been given the answer. My problem was wanting to download Adobe 8 but had 6& 7 downloaded..8 would not until they were deleted...Add/remove program would not work..It kept saying "GO TO ADOBE"... 95% would download and stop.."Go TO ADOBE"..Just like a bad dream. TRY THIS!!
http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe
install windows installerclean up utility..select adobe..click remove tab..remove all adobe entry..click exit..reboot
YAAAY..It's truly gone.....and I installed adobe 8 and floated off into adobe heaven****

gamelhome,

I know you are trying to be helpful, but the last reply before yours was nearly 2 years ago.

OH WELL...I"M STILL HAPPY AS ALL GET OUT. LOL AND IF SOME POOR SAP COMES ALONG WITHIN THE NEXT 2 YEARS...THE ANSWERS HERE!!! This is funny..A good chuckle..thank-you

I toiled over this problem for DAYS...and if anyone is out there suffering ..as I.. I have been given the answer. My problem was wanting to download Adobe 8 but had 6& 7 downloaded..8 would not until they were deleted...Add/remove program would not work..It kept saying "GO TO ADOBE"... 95% would download and stop.."Go TO ADOBE"..Just like a bad dream. TRY THIS!!
http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe
install windows installerclean up utility..select adobe..click remove tab..remove all adobe entry..click exit..reboot
YAAAY..It's truly gone.....and I installed adobe 8 and floated off into adobe heaven****

You are a GOD! Ive been trying for days to get rid of adobe 7 its been driving me nuts thanks!!
Your next job is world peace!!
Thanks again
normwill69

It wasnt two years later, it was 4 1/2 years!. Im about to try it [the links broken but ill google the cleaner]
thanks . lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.