hi
I'm new to this so please bare with me, i recently installed w7 ultimate on desktop with 1gig ram and 200 gig hdd. mother board is ABIT UL8 all ok till restart now all i get to is a screen that says do i want to boot up alternative o/s or w7 when i highlight w7 and enter it boots up fine but just a bit annoying having to do this every time instead of it just booting up on it's own.
Please Please Please any help would be gratefully accepted, i'm sure it is something simple but just can't see it.ps would nvidia geforce 6600 GT video card be ok for w7 graphics
Many Thanks
GRUM 1

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

Try pressing 'windows key' and 'R' at the same time then type msconfig and press enter.

Click on the boot tab. This tab should show the operating systems listed at bootup. You can post back with the list, delete any other entry except the one you are using or reduce timeout.

- Let us know how it goes.

Hello,

Try pressing 'windows key' and 'R' at the same time then type msconfig and press enter.

Click on the boot tab. This tab should show the operating systems listed at bootup. You can post back with the list, delete any other entry except the one you are using or reduce timeout.

- Let us know how it goes.

Hi
Thank you Xlphos for your help. there is no other o\s listed in boot so reduced time out like you suggested and all is ok, still see annoying screen for 3 secs but then boots up
Thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.