I seem to have deleted my notepad or something has happened to it and as a result i cant read some text documents any ideas how i can get it back?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

turn going to run cmd in start menu and type 'notepad' and see what happens

maybe you only deleted the shurtcut

well the command brought up notepad but when i go to read a text document it says windows cant find notepad.exe and it asks me to type executable file to be used instead?

Hmm....check for the Notepad file in C:\Windows, unless you deleted it from there?

Hold down the shift key,right click on the document icon ,and choose OPEN WITH and browse to the notepad.exe file in the C:\windows folder .

well it seems to be there just not sure y i cant open text docs by just double clicking thx any way guys.

well it seems to be there just not sure y i cant open text docs by just double clicking thx any way guys.

if you follow my suggestion and check the little box ,ALWAYS use THIS program for this file type,you should then be able to click on the file and open notepad

When did you last scan your system for viruses? Seems to me your system system is infected.

i dont think im infected i run mcafee up to date i scan my system regular and run adaware and spybot but then again im no expert

Here's another copy of Notepad. You probably should scan it for viruses in case i'm sercretly planning your computer's annilation. :rolleyes:

Thank's to Dani for making my life difficult, I've had to go to the bother of zipping it. But there it is.

excellent thanks and it was clear phew!!

Excellent.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.