Hi!!

I was copying some mp3 music files onto my pen drive (for personal use only ). Now , some of those files which i copied no longer play , even the original files. You can see their icon( Winamp icon ,for instance), they have their proper size and before , and everything seems ok, except ,they wont play on any player . Whats wrong? Can they be repaired ? Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

prakharprakash,

Copying data from one medium to another should be a one-to-one (unless you're performing some sort of conversion). If your pen drive compresses or converts the files then perhaps it's the device's firmware. Try a firmware update. It could be the transfer device, most likely USB, but I doubt this. Try different USB sockets or update the drivers for the current. Lastly, you could jsut have a bad pen. Go to the store and get a new ink well.

J_

Thats fine. Dont mind corrupt mp3 on pen drive. But the original data has got corrupted and is there any way to fix them??
Thanks
Prakhar

prakharprakash,

I wouldn't think so, but I've been wrong before.

J_

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.