Hi Guys need your help
I have a computer which i bought it from someone . Its not allowing me to download any of theservice pack . It keeps on giving me error saying illegal key ...Please let me know if there is a way around it
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi Guys need your help
I have a computer which i bought it from someone . Its not allowing me to download any of theservice pack . It keeps on giving me error saying illegal key ...Please let me know if there is a way around it
thanks

Welcome to DaniWeb

Well by the sound of it you have an invalid key. Im not sure waht else to tell you. try to enable auto update that will dload them no matter what.

-T

It keeps on giving me error saying illegal key ...Please let me know if there is a way around it

Hi johnabraham747,

Unfortunately, discussion of issues involving illegal software violates our site rules. If your copy of Winodws is truly "pirated", I'm afraid we can't help you with "a way around it".

Hi johnabraham747,

Unfortunately, discussion of issues involving illegal software violates our site rules. If your copy of Winodws is truly "pirated", I'm afraid we can't help you with "a way around it".

Speaking of the rules i noticed a spelling mistake :)

anything warez relaetd or

i think thats supposed to say related?
:)

-T

i think thats supposed to say related?

Indeed it should. Hmm... I guess Dani's dog ate her spellchecker. :mrgreen:

Lol, that was a good one :)

Hello,

Whenever taking over a computer for good, either by purchasing it from someone you don't know, or a relative's old computer, you should format it down, and re-install everything from scratch. You do not know what buggies may remain on the system, and you in good faith probably do not have any need for the data. It is also a great way to collect all of your drivers for hardware at the get go.

Re-building a box is not for the faint of heart, but it is the proper way to take ownership of a computer.

Christian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.