Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I went to install a program and got a message telling me it could not be done. I sent the message to the company and they said my scripting is disabled. They gave me a microsoft link and it says this:Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details.
When I click on another link it says this:Loading script <script name> failed. I clicked on several of their links and none worked. What do I need to do to enable scripting? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Download the attachment that I have below, unzip it into a folder somewhere, and double-click it. A pop-up window will ask you if you are sure that you want to add the information to your Registry, click "Yes". This will ensure that the WSH is not turned off in your Registry. After applying the fix, reboot your machine and try again. Let us know if the fix worked or not.

It worked. Thanks. What did this do? What did it change and how come I had this problem??

There are settings in the Registry that can disable the Windows Script Host. Somehow, your Registry had these settings to disable it. It's hard to say exactly how those settings got there, but it's most likely to be the result of some security program setting that caused it to be disabled.

All I did was create an export of Registry keys that had the Windows Script Host enabled to a file that I gave to you. When you ran the file, it switched those settings from disable to enable.

Thanks.

I used the program and it got rid of the message but it does nothing else.

Thanks from me as well... it worked... i was searching the internet how to do this and only u have the correct way... thanks a lot.

The zipped file didn't do anything...
Inside it is a file with no extention....
I added a .reg to the end of the file name and it still won't do a thing.

The zipped file didn't do anything...
Inside it is a file with no extention....
I added a .reg to the end of the file name and it still won't do a thing.

it has a extension on it when i download it ,try again

Hi im having a similar issue specifically I get the error Loading script "C:\WINDOWS\system32\.vbe" failed (Access is denied. ).

I tried the EnableWSH thing didnt work I still get the error also it has to do with certain usb devices when you connect them I guess cause I connected my mp3 player and tried to look at the fies in the player and it gave that error

The registry fix has just worked for me, enabling the WMI [Windows Management Instrumentation] Diagnosis Utility.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.