"you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility " what do i do with this?

Can you open a command prompt and type:
tasklist >> C:\look.txt ENTER

There is a space -- > tasklist <space> >>

Then, please post the C:\look.txt

PP:)

access is denied.
thx anyway :)

in start, can you right click on the cmd ,and get the option to run as administrator, and then try sfc scnnow

access is denied.
thx anyway :)

Try an elevated command prompt:

Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator to open an Elevated command prompt.

Then try the command I posted earlier - Basically, I just want to check and see if WMP is already running. If it is, then trying to open a new instance will result in what you are experiencing.
You can also open Task Manager and look for the running process....

PP:)

EDIT:

Also, while the Elevated prompt is open, try this.

Type:
regsvr32 wmp.dll ENTER
regsvr32 jscript.dll ENTER
regsvr32 vbscript.dll ENTER

You should get a confirmation of success each time. Note that there is a space after regsvr32.

-- Do this before trying Caperjack's suggestion. If this bears no fruit, then try SFC....

windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log ok,so this means that i have some kind of virus??

Thanks guys,it worked...........................yessss

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.