"you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility " what do i do with this?

Can you open a command prompt and type:
tasklist >> C:\look.txt ENTER

There is a space -- > tasklist <space> >>

Then, please post the C:\look.txt

PP:)

Edited by PhilliePhan: Added info

in start, can you right click on the cmd ,and get the option to run as administrator, and then try sfc scnnow

Edited by caperjack: n/a

access is denied.
thx anyway :)

Try an elevated command prompt:

Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator to open an Elevated command prompt.

Then try the command I posted earlier - Basically, I just want to check and see if WMP is already running. If it is, then trying to open a new instance will result in what you are experiencing.
You can also open Task Manager and look for the running process....

PP:)

EDIT:

Also, while the Elevated prompt is open, try this.

Type:
regsvr32 wmp.dll ENTER
regsvr32 jscript.dll ENTER
regsvr32 vbscript.dll ENTER

You should get a confirmation of success each time. Note that there is a space after regsvr32.

-- Do this before trying Caperjack's suggestion. If this bears no fruit, then try SFC....

Edited by PhilliePhan: n/a

windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log ok,so this means that i have some kind of virus??

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.