hello friend , first don't worry about this cookie, these are used for tracking Ur behavior on the net , now come to the point , first try to restore Ur system using msconfig command , and if restore doesn't work , try to uninstall Ur all antivirus/ spyware program and then install a avast (available free for trial mode but full functional) now schedule this for boot time scan , surly this will work for you.

Do you mean clear up unwanted startup in MsConfig or restore using System restore? Agree with caperjack, I've never know that can be done with msconfig...

Do you mean clear up unwanted startup in MsConfig or restore using System restore? Agree with caperjack, I've never know that can be done with msconfig...

Seems like that what i said too;) First Caperjack, second me and third flagstart. Everybody who has some computer knowledge will know that.

Well msconfig cannot do a system restore. It is used to configure the boot config. But it is a handy tool when comes to malware removal cos you can stop startup programs and services. You have to use rstrui to do so. A system restore will not remove those cookies. Those cookies do not do that harm to your privacy. Even yahoo IM stores such cookies. If you want to remove them you have to go to safe mode. However some cookies may not be removed. You have to use recovery console to remove them. If you know the cookies and which program uses it and if you can verify it is a legit service, you do not need to worry :)

And about that 200$ that was a nasty amount to charge for malware removal. I also work in several freelancing sites such as odesk, elance and guru as a sys admin and a consultant. Even we charge 50$ max for a complete cleanup. Sorry to hear that

And McAfee and SuperAV both ate not that brilliant anyway. I recommend not to run 2 AVs in the same machine. You have to run a disk check

malwarebytes will work and give good results, as a fee tool .the suggestion to buy is the full one that will offer real time malware protection.you computer is clean ,like said before it was just cookie, most cookies are ok ,

commented: Fully Agree with you. I am using the free one too:) +9

Just to echo with most other posters here. Cookies are pretty harmless, they just stored your web browser information. Mostly use to track the web pages you visited. So perfectly harmless. I won't be surprise if your anti virus software detected them everyday, unless you clear your browser data.

What happen to the link in your signature, Caperjack?

What happen to the link in your signature, Caperjack?

think i was going to change it, and removed it, and forgot to put other one in i guess ,i cant remember what it was, or what i was going to add

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.