Hi guys im new so please be patiant.

Okay

Firstly my system

Amd Athlon 64 3400+
512 ddr ram 266
Asus k8vx motherbored
Maxtor 200 gigg sata
Geforce 6200 256 ram

My computer was working fine. i was busy on the internet and my system crashed so when it restarted it comes to the black screen with the windows xp that is loading... when it goes to the next page it is a blue screen with lots of white writing on it and then the system just restarts.

I have tried to go into safe mode but it gives me the same problem.

So i decided to re-install windows xp pro. I install my sata drivers then press the f8 to agree then i get to a screen that says install windows xp, repair windows xp, quit installation so i press install and when it serches for installed windows xp on my hard drive it just freezes if i try and repair it it freezes.

I am really new to this please help me to install windows xp on to my computer.

Best regards
Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Knowing the error message on the blue screen may help. What was it?

Hi guys im new so please be patiant.

Okay

Firstly my system

Amd Athlon 64 3400+
512 ddr ram 266
Asus k8vx motherbored
Maxtor 200 gigg sata
Geforce 6200 256 ram

My computer was working fine. i was busy on the internet and my system crashed so when it restarted it comes to the black screen with the windows xp that is loading... when it goes to the next page it is a blue screen with lots of white writing on it and then the system just restarts.

I have tried to go into safe mode but it gives me the same problem.

So i decided to re-install windows xp pro. I install my sata drivers then press the f8 to agree then i get to a screen that says install windows xp, repair windows xp, quit installation so i press install and when it serches for installed windows xp on my hard drive it just freezes if i try and repair it it freezes.

I am really new to this please help me to install windows xp on to my computer.

Best regards
Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year :sad:

There might be some hardware problem, either RAM or the HDD

in the blue screen of death it states: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Sounds like a background problem but that is only me

Yes you are right it is a back page problem.

I managed to figure it out while i was stoned (he he) what it is you setup windows and instead of install a fresh copy of xp press r to repair. you click on your windows the one you need to repair. it will take you to a msdos screen and then you type help and then you press enter. you will see lots of words go to the one that says format then after it formated you just need to go threw the same proseture and instead of pressing r for repair press install new copy off windows and there you go fix and ready for action.

If there is a way to be able to safe all the files on hard drive without formatting i would love to know the way

Best regards and merry christmas

Yes you are right it is a back page problem.

I managed to figure it out while i was stoned (he he) what it is you setup windows and instead of install a fresh copy of xp press r to repair. you click on your windows the one you need to repair. it will take you to a msdos screen and then you type help and then you press enter. you will see lots of words go to the one that says format then after it formated you just need to go threw the same proseture and instead of pressing r for repair press install new copy off windows and there you go fix and ready for action.

If there is a way to be able to safe all the files on hard drive without formatting i would love to know the way

Best regards and merry christmas

Connect ur HDD to another computer which is working fine and backup ur files

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.