Hi All,

I am facing a new problem, just out of nowhere, I noticed that the sound which comes when you click a link in any website or open a folder, is now no more coming from my computer.

The laptop speaker is working fine, I can listen to music, even sound comes when the pop-ups are blocked. Earlier this 'Click' sound was coming whenever I used to open a folder or click a link in the webpages.

I have no idea what has happened, everything was working fine before.

My computer is IBM THINKPAD T41 with Windows XP SP2 (professional edition)

Thanks in advance

Regards
Greenhorn

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This is no problem

Check this out

Start-Control Panel-Double click Sound and Audio Devices, now click on the sounds tab and under the program events box select Start Navigation and see whether any sound is assinged to it or not. If no sound is assigned, then assign this sound "Windows XP Start" now u will get the "Click" sound when u click on any link

Hey, Great suggestion. I did it and got back the sound. You guys rock !!! you solved my issue in jiffy.

I still wonder, when I didn't do anything, how did the sound go away. But thanks a ton !!

Regards
Greenhorn

Hey, Great suggestion. I did it and got back the sound. You guys rock !!! you solved my issue in jiffy.

I still wonder, when I didn't do anything, how did the sound go away. But thanks a ton !!

Regards
Greenhorn

Thanx for ur comments buddy

Well there could be many reasons, the softwares you install uninstall make plenty of changes to ur system which you come to know only when you use them

You can assign any sound. But remember disabling such options make ur system run faster. Like disabling Windows startup and Shutdown sounds will make Startup and Shutdown much faster

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.