I have a strange message after reloading XP on a Dell 8300...The machine states that Windows has stopped a driver from loading since it may be unstabe.."CD recording application" was halted due to above...I may have accidently loaded an older Dell CD while I was reloading this PC...any ideas on how to locate the culprit ? Thanks!!! ...Casey

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have a strange message after reloading XP on a Dell 8300...The machine states that Windows has stopped a driver from loading since it may be unstabe.."CD recording application" was halted due to above...I may have accidently loaded an older Dell CD while I was reloading this PC...any ideas on how to locate the culprit ? Thanks!!! ...Casey

I saw a problem a while back upgrading Computers and I had to unistall CD Creator, you should be able to boot into safe mode. I hope that is your problem.

I saw a problem a while back upgrading Computers and I had to unistall CD Creator, you should be able to boot into safe mode. I hope that is your problem.

Thanks for the reply, I willl try that..Casey

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.