having a strang problem with my windows xp home .a lot of my programs seme like they are taking a longer time to close and also,when i download something it seems to take forever to reach 100% gets hung up at 99%.anyone ever here of anything like that? would sure take any suggestions!

having a strange problem with my windows xp home .a lot of my programs seme like they are taking a longer time to close and also,when i download something it seems to take forever to reach 100% gets hung up at 99%.anyone ever here of anything like that? would sure take any suggestions!

First of all scan for spyware and viruses. How much RAM you got?TAke a look at the HDD/free space and see if it needs a cleanup and defrag, do these regularly to keep the system smooth. ALso see whts loading at boot and disable unwanted items from loading use the MS config utility. Try these first and see if it helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.