hi all..
i'm having a problem with my win7 desktop, its not showing up neither task bar but Task Manger is working properly .. even internet explorer and many other apps also working fine but when i start the window its only pop up MyDocument window automiatically and on searching i can get the access to all the app.

i also tried system restore but nothing work

this problem happened some weeks before, that time i dont have any antivirus install so i installed Microsoft Security Essentials and then restrt my system and its started working but now its happening again

Geniune Window 7
HP Pavilion dv6000

can anyone help me to solve this ... thanks

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

The desktop is your GUI. If you have access to your task bar, and other programs, then the desktop is working. I think you have inadvertently changed some desktop settings. What happens when you right-click on an empty portion of the screen? Do you get the menu with the entries "View, Sort by, Refresh,..." etc? If so, then your desktop is working fine and you need to select the "Personalize" option to fix whatever you did to it before.

The desktop is your GUI. If you have access to your task bar, and other programs, then the desktop is working. I think you have inadvertently changed some desktop settings. What happens when you right-click on an empty portion of the screen? Do you get the menu with the entries "View, Sort by, Refresh,..." etc? If so, then your desktop is working fine and you need to select the "Personalize" option to fix whatever you did to it before.

hi

thanks for replay

i tried personalize option too but its just show me default windows 7 background and nothing else, no icon, no task bar, also tried show task bar option but no change and on restart it again give me black screen

also tried your suggestion of left click no option window appear

run a virus scan (full)
sounds like some of the automatic startup services have been changed to manual startup type, you can change them back using services.msc from run line or admin CMD

i realize my instructions are somewhat complex, but that is the nature of the beast!
i can be hired online to do the work for you over internet, but you will need a credit card, of course. if you cannot afford that, then post some follow -up questions(no disrespect, we were all newbies at some time).

i realize my instructions are somewhat complex, but that is the nature of the beast!
i can be hired online to do the work for you over internet, but you will need a credit card, of course. if you cannot afford that, then post some follow -up questions(no disrespect, we were all newbies at some time).

hi skilly,
thanks for the offer, but actually im a student and really cant afford this kind of professional services(no hard feeling)there-fore finding a solution by own well anyhow thank for replaying on my post

Have you been able to be satisfied with the way your computer is working yet? don't worry dude . nobody can afford anything these days ... just ask your teachers you paid all that money for.

Try creating a new user account and see if you get the same problems with it after logging in to it.

so i installed Microsoft Security Essentials

did you run a full scan with after you installed it ,
also wouldn't hurt to download and run www.malwarebytes.org ,free version and do a full scan with it,fixing all it finds

possibly go to the "Run command" and type "explorer" or press ctrl+shift+esc and bring up task manager then New Task (Run..) you can type "explorer" there and will bring up your desktop. That's just to get what you want if the final fix doesn't work of going to run and typing "msconfig" and changing startup selection to Normal Startup possibly. seems something got on your computer and changed a few things in windows boot and may be just that user account and try what Rik from RCE said.

booting into safe mode by holding f8 during power up and startup. and then restarting again might fix it, as well.

booting into safe mode by holding f8 during power up and startup. and then restarting again might fix it, as well.

that's essentially the same thing as changing the startup to something different then what they currently have. either way will show the current startup option needs changed.

Try creating a new user account and see if you get the same problems with it after logging in to it.

its not giving me option to get into ControlPanel

if you use the run command and type compmgmt.msc you can go to Local Users and Groups to create a user and password.

Try booting using the safe mode. Usually works that way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.