KR34T0R 0 Newbie Poster

Hola,

I know this issue has already been covered, but i thought I'd post my prob anyways.
I recently bought a computer second hand (ACER Aspire), and when I installed windows i realized that there was no sound. Whenevery I try to access volume control it tells me that there is No mixer device, and to install one.

Now, on the other hand, I installed Ubuntu Linux this morning and the sound works perfectly! :eek:

I've tried everything from downloading new drivers (which didn't work - the ACER setup file told me that it had an error installing and couldn't continue), playing with msconfig and the boot options. (please note that I know next to nothing about windows - i only use it for gaming. I'm a linux user). Also - Windows is telling me that the default Audio Controller has no drivers installed (this is the same for the "multimedia controller - VGA Enabled")

Any ideas?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.