Hi all:

I am a new member here. My 2135US compaq laptop is not booting up. It gets stuck at the windows xp logo in blue screen. I have tried to reboot in safe mode, safe mode with comand prompt, and other suggested safe model bootup. Nothing worked.

Unfortunately, I don't have the recovery XP CDs that came with the laptop. Can someone send me the XP recovery CDs? I will pay for the shipping.

Also, if anyone has any advice how to fix this problem, please do let me know. Thank you so much. I have hundreds of family pictures that I would hate to loose. I badly need to recover the data from the harddisk on this computer.

Thanks all.

well first thing this is DaniWeb fourm not compaq So we don't have a compaq recovery cd , second a recovery cd will not recover the files for you ,but it may be used to repair your windows insstall ,it will wipe the drive clean and start over fresh ,you need to have laptop repaired or have someone remove the hdd and backup the files for you ,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.