ok so basically the title says it all, but i'll tell u what happened so i was trying to delete this file and kept getting access denied so i changed the name and it still wouldn't work, then i keep hitting the delete button and then i change how to open the file cause it was an application and i hit always open on notepad, and then the file deleted and like most of the applications i opened, opened in notepad except internet explorer.

So how do i fix this problem????

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

...then i change how to open the file cause it was an application and i hit always open on notepad...

Do you know the extension of the deleted file's name? It would definitely help to know if the file was an .exe, .com, .lnk (shortcut), etc. file.

oh it's ok i already figured out what to do and it was an .exe

oh it's ok i already figured out what to do and it was an .exe

So how did you do it cuz i'm having the same exact problem. Or if anyone else knows and can help me it was a exe file

Hi mcrrcoker,

First of all- welcome to DaniWeb :)

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem; the more details we have, the faster we'll be able to help you.

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_policies

Thanks for understanding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.