I installed Norton 360 on my eMachines Notebook a week ago. Since then I haven't been able to get online using any one of my three wireless modems (each one from a different provider), though they all work fine on my Dell Inpiron Laptop. When I initially connect the modems to the computer, they're recognised by the machine, and I'm therefore able to top-up my pre-paid credit, check my acccount balance, etc. But, as soon as I attempt to connect to the internet, I get a 'can't find modem' message. I've already tried unistalling Norton 360, but that didn't help. Any ideas anyone?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Check firewall for the settings fot network connectivity. Norton Antivirus might have turned off the connectivity.

Thanks! Did that and you were right. Norton has turned off the work/home connectivity and blocked the 'Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall' and the other options, while leaving the public connectivity on. How do I change the settings?

Their also could be driver problem....

Your welcome. As you have now got the problem, you could see there kind of checkbox or some clickable menu option to enable the connectivity. You find such options and reply if done.

Thanks. But the problem is that Norton has blocked the 'Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall' and the other options so nothing happens when I click them, while leaving the public connectivity on. How do I change the settings?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.