Hello ...this is subbu here
hey i want a very very urgent help from u...look in my company we are using Microsoft 2003 SBS as server OS and the client machines have XP pro as Os.
The thing is we are using interner connection using A Dial up. SO i want to know how to share this connection from the server to the other machnies...here are the constraints for that...

1.i MUST use ICS facility provided by Windows SBS 2003
2. I am not able to find "share the internect connection" tab in the advanced tab of the network connections. In the advanced tab all i can find is windows firewall rest is empty.
3. i should not connect to the net from a client machine and then share the connection over the network i am supposed to use the dial up from the server and then share it to the clients.
4,The routing and remote access function in the administrative tool...here is how i tried to configure that...
....in network interfaces i created a demand dial but it is always showing and connection time out and was never able to connet to the net using that from the server...

maaan this is making me go maaaadddd.. we are using wireless broadband router of liksys to broadcast the wireless network...all the devices on the network are connected well to the network and can be accessible any time...so what do u think is the problem in the configurationnnn

this is reaaaly urgent for me...if ucan help me it will be reallly greatt....
reagards subbu

Dear

Visit the following links. you will find the solution of your problem.
If i write the steps that will take long to send to you but if you visit the links given below i hope you will understand the logic.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324286

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/j_helmig/icsw98se.htm

Mujeeb ur rehman
System Administrator
Sherouq Emirates
www.sherouq.ae
mujeeburehman@yahoo.com

Hello ...this is subbu here
hey i want a very very urgent help from u...look in my company we are using Microsoft 2003 SBS as server OS and the client machines have XP pro as Os.
The thing is we are using interner connection using A Dial up. SO i want to know how to share this connection from the server to the other machnies...here are the constraints for that...

1.i MUST use ICS facility provided by Windows SBS 2003
2. I am not able to find "share the internect connection" tab in the advanced tab of the network connections. In the advanced tab all i can find is windows firewall rest is empty.
3. i should not connect to the net from a client machine and then share the connection over the network i am supposed to use the dial up from the server and then share it to the clients.
4,The routing and remote access function in the administrative tool...here is how i tried to configure that...
....in network interfaces i created a demand dial but it is always showing and connection time out and was never able to connet to the net using that from the server...

maaan this is making me go maaaadddd.. we are using wireless broadband router of liksys to broadcast the wireless network...all the devices on the network are connected well to the network and can be accessible any time...so what do u think is the problem in the configurationnnn

this is reaaaly urgent for me...if ucan help me it will be reallly greatt....
reagards subbu

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.