Please, before posting a useless answer just for the sake of saying something read the post.

I bought a laptop at a flea market "as is". No returns accepted. While installing the drivers for my printer, I got a message that said something like the OS in which I was attempting to install was not recognized so I realized the windows copy the computer has is not genuine. At the end I was able to install drivers and the printer's all-in-one software.

Will this be giving me trouble trying to install other genuine software to the point that some of them I will definetly not be able to install?

That is the question. Replies such as "just install a genuine copy of windows", "why don't you return the laptop?", "why don't you complain to the person who sold it to you?" do not answer my question.

Thanks

thant.zin.7921 commented: help +0

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

ok but what about non Microsoft yet genuine software?

Once the genuine validation gets installed (from Windows Update), your OS is going to nag you to death and limitations will engage. I know of no third party software that will prevet from running. At least I haven't seen this.

that shouldn't be a problem, so far I have hidden that update, yet I do not install any other updates. Unless my choice not to download them is overriden I should do just fine.

Again, my post is regarding entirely about 3rd party software's compatibility.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.