I am the only user of this computer having WIN XP as OS. I have too many other users listed that I would like to clean up by removing from Explorer: ie All Users Windows. Marvin,Sipapu, Owner, etc. How does one go about this?

Second problem: When starting Windows I get a choice of booting from 2 different hard drives. Drive C contains my Windows operating system. Drive D did contain Windows until I deleted it, but the dual boot up still appears. How can I get back to a single system that will boot from C without asking any questions?

I am the only user of this computer having WIN XP as OS. I have too many other users listed that I would like to clean up by removing from Explorer: ie All Users Windows. Marvin,Sipapu, Owner, etc. How does one go about this?

log on as administrator(or as your account if it has administrator rights) then go to Control Panel -> Users Accounts -> delete all unneeded accounts.

Second problem: When starting Windows I get a choice of booting from 2 different hard drives. Drive C contains my Windows operating system. Drive D did contain Windows until I deleted it, but the dual boot up still appears. How can I get back to a single system that will boot from C without asking any questions?

type "msconfig" in the start->run. then open tab "boot.ini" delete the line, which is responsible for deleted windows.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.