I was reading an email about 3 days ago, when I noticed that Norton picked up a virus for me. So I ran my virus scan and it had picked up and deleted 3 of them. Woo Hoo. But now I notice when I start my machine, I get this error message. Error loading C:\Program~\uninst~1.DLL The specified module cannot be found.

Okay I'm not real computer literate when it comes to the backside of these thing. I click okay and when I'm done with that, the computer starts and everything seems fine. I tried to find what rundll means and I think it has something to do with the registry. I tried googling for fixes of this, but am not sure which one would be correct.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this!!! Is there a certain program that will fix it automaticaly for me??? Is this a serious problem???? Will it hurt my machine if I do nothing???

Oh geeze, sorry I'm asking 100s of questions here. I am hoping that someone can give me an answer and fix this machine for me. Thanks alot guys, Jacquie

I was reading an email about 3 days ago, when I noticed that Norton picked up a virus for me. So I ran my virus scan and it had picked up and deleted 3 of them. Woo Hoo. But now I notice when I start my machine, I get this error message. Error loading C:\Program~\uninst~1.DLL The specified module cannot be found.

Okay I'm not real computer literate when it comes to the backside of these thing. I click okay and when I'm done with that, the computer starts and everything seems fine. I tried to find what rundll means and I think it has something to do with the registry. I tried googling for fixes of this, but am not sure which one would be correct.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this!!! Is there a certain program that will fix it automaticaly for me??? Is this a serious problem???? Will it hurt my machine if I do nothing???

Oh geeze, sorry I'm asking 100s of questions here. I am hoping that someone can give me an answer and fix this machine for me. Thanks alot guys, Jacquie

It sounds like the virus was being launched by that file - so now the virus is gone you are getting the error. I would uninstall norton and download escan internet security suite. You get a 30 day trial and it should fix any errors caused by viruses. Give it a try and let me know the results:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.