I just got a laptop from Gateway with Windows XP Pro installed. I have wireless router and the new laptop will not find my conncton so i downloaded new INtel Pro/Wireless 2200bg driver software. After it's installed, it has a window coming up but everything is disabled and its X'ed and colored in black. The bottom says Wireless is off, so i click on turn wireless on. Then it comes out a warning says The intel pro/wireless network connection is still disabled. Use your hardware switch to enable it. I ca't find the hardware switch. Can some one please tell me?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I know on Dells the radio switch is Fn+F2. Contact the Gateway tech support for more information as I couldn't find anything on their support site.

commented: right on the topic and straight forward wit hsolution +1

I'll bet it is some Fn key.

if you just look at the keys, you'll probably see a little icon of what looks like a radio tower. if you hit the Fn key and that key, it should enable it.

commented: very helpful and helped me solve the graphic problem +1

thnx a lot guys, i found it on f2 looks like a wave thing

i am having the same problem and the Fn+F2 approach isnt working either.

Thank you! Mine does have a "radio tower" looking button and it fixed it right up!

i am having the same problem and the Fn+F2 approach isnt working either.

what model of laptop are you running?

what model of laptop are you running?

oops ,check the date on the post .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.