hello. today i signd in my hotmail account at a friends comp. i did not sign out of my account and just closed the browser window. my friend can now access my hotmail account through his 'history' option.

how can i stop that from happening????

PLEASE HELP!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hello. today i signd in my hotmail account at a friends comp. i did not sign out of my account and just closed the browser window. my friend can now access my hotmail account through his 'history' option.

how can i stop that from happening????

PLEASE HELP!

1. Always sign out
2. Delete your friends browser history/cache/cookie's, if he/she is an real friend won't she/he abuse it.
3. Always post your topics in the correct forum, I'm pretty sure this is the wrong forum but I'm not sure if there is an forum on daniweb for hotmail support.

I'm not very familiair with hotmail, but I think that the inlog url of hotmail contains an long row of numbers and letters. I think that is the session id. As soon as your session time's out won't the link work anymore (I think, I can't be sure of it though :S).

I think you can simply change your password and the cookie on his computer will no longer be valid!!

Good luck!!

Welcome to daniweb!!

I think you can simply change your password and the cookie on his computer will no longer be valid!!

Good luck!!

Welcome to daniweb!!

Absolutely this will work and if not you probably dont' have to worry about it because if he ever want to load up his hotmail account, assuming he has one, he'll have to log out of yours, which means after thatt he won't be able to get back into. No he can't just click your hotmail account in the history thing unless you clicked the "remember me" box when you signed in. If you did click that box than do what this guy said. Just change your password and POOF! Problem solved. Unless he knows how to hack passwords at which point you'd be in a whole big mess of things:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.