The game installs fine, I can load the game fine, but when the screen changes it turns black. Example: I click the NEW GAME button, it blacks out, I click the LOAD button, it blacks out, ect. ect. Anyone have any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

try change your color settings off 256 color mode?

This clearly sounds like a resloution issue. Color mode or game reso can be too high for the monitor to handle

The program needs to be set to Win95 compatibility mode.
Go into the folder where you installed the game, right click the main exe file, click properties off the drop down menu. Now, click the compatibility tab in the properties window, check the "run this program in compatibility mode for" box, and then select Windows 95 from the drop down menu.

The program needs to be set to Win95 compatibility mode.
Go into the folder where you installed the game, right click the main exe file, click properties off the drop down menu. Now, click the compatibility tab in the properties window, check the "run this program in compatibility mode for" box, and then select Windows 95 from the drop down menu.

I already did that.

Well i have played a lot of old games on XP and Win95 compability isnt the way to go. I agree on the 256 collor settings on some games. But Win98 compability is the best. And i recomend to set your monitor to ither 640x400 or 800x640 "dont know if the numbers are correct"
But it shuld work then. Or it is really a compability issue

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.