Hi not sure which forum this shuold be in so dont moan at me id its in the wrong one!;)

Right heres the problem.. i have lost full admin over my whole computer, i have become a poweruser. this is because i was tinkering around with the user groups ( for ict homework we had to change our selves to a power user than back to an admin for a guide) BUT... i cant make my self back to an admin because im a power user :sad:

is there anyway to change my account type back to my admin?

any help will be much appreciated as i liked my admin! ;)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

1. Reboot the computer in Safe Mode.
2. Log in under the "Administrator" account.
3. Make your change in the Users and Groups control panel.
4. Reboot normally.

i have another problem now..lol i cant boot into safemode, when i try and boot it, i get a black screen with just system information.

regards.

System information? Do you mean the BIOS's POST (startup routine) information that displays (white text on black background) before Windows actually starts?
If so, you may just be starting to hit the F8 (to enter Safe Mode) too early. Some BIOSes will freeze (and sometimes even give you an error beep or message) if they get overloaded with F8 keypresses too early in the boot-up cycle. If this is the case, try again; if not, tell us exactly where in the POST routine it stalls.

System information? Do you mean the BIOS's POST (startup routine) information that displays (white text on black background) before Windows actually starts?
If so, you may just be starting to hit the F8 (to enter Safe Mode) too early. Some BIOSes will freeze (and sometimes even give you an error beep or message) if they get overloaded with F8 keypresses too early in the boot-up cycle. If this is the case, try again; if not, tell us exactly where in the POST routine it stalls.

I only have to press F8 a couple of times to get into the option of going into safe mode...then i press enter to boot safe mode up and i my computer displays a black screen with white text on it. Maybe my safe mode is corrupted? soory for the late reply btw.
regards.

and i my computer displays a black screen with white text on it..

Please try to be as specific and detailed in your responses as possible; the more details we have up front, the faster we'll be able to get you up and running again.

* It's normal for lines of white text to scroll down the screen during the process of booting in Safe Mode; the lines are displaying the names of all of Safe Mode drivers that Windows is loading. The boot process may appear to freeze for a bit at that point, but after a short delay it should continue to the Windows startup screen and then the desktop.

* If the computer does actually halt/hang during the driver-loading process of the Safe Mode boot, reboot again using the F8 key to get back to the Boot Options menu, but this time choose the "Last known good configuration..." option instead of "Safe Mode". The system may be able to boot itself back to an earlier non-corrupted configuration.

Give us feedback on the above suggestions and we'll take it from there...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.