pbowman 0 Newbie Poster

installed DSL on my computer yesterday and it was running fine, no issues at all. I get home this morning and now every thing is sluggish, when I click to go to the internet it sometimes takes as long as 5 minutes just to open the browser. I have Fire fox and have tried it in IE. Does the same when I open an application. I have rebooted and closed out background programs, still does it. I noticed that in the lower right corner there is an icon that says "installing updates", but been on 1% for hours. As I said yesterday, there was no issues, but between 11:00pm-8:00am yesterday the issue started. Should I do a system restore? Or try something else
Some information in my system.
It is an AMD 2500+
1 GB Ram
ATI 9800Pro video with 128 ram
Has ran smooth with no issues, until just this morning. When I look in processes there are several instances of svchost.exe running, I believe I counted 6 or 7 of them.
It is extremely hard to work on it now also, because everything takes so long to load up and sometimes doesn't load up at all.

Thanks

Phil

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.