My win98 lost its add/remove list. Whenever I got Control Panel => Add/Remove Programs, the expected window opens, but it empty.
All installed programs function flawless, but I can't uninstall any of them.
Is there a way to revive the list?
Your sugestion led to a solution of my problem, but (ahah!), the cost was quite high.
Let me explain:
1. the scanreg/restore instruction showed 4 settings.
2. I expected one of these settings to be my current setting.
3. I checked all 4 settings, and all were quite old.
4. I hoped that my original setting is available for reconstruction, which proved wrong.
5. as a result, I'm in the process of reinstalling and reconfiguring many programs.