I have a very frustrating problem that I am hoping someone can help me with. I recently built up a new system--Pentium D with a Maxtor 200GB ATA100 drive.

I have attempted to load Windows 2000 Pro and 2 copies XP Home Edition and have encountered a similar problem on both . . .

I am able to boot the setup program from CD, it will format my HD and begin installing files, but it has trouble copying 6 or so different files from the CD, then it will error out with a blue screen of death.
I have tried 2 hard drives and 2 cd drives and still have the same
problem.

I have tested the Maxtor drive with the included MaxBlast software, and it has passed all tests.

Very frustrating, any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you, Eric

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi

Dont forget on older motherboards when installing XP to press F6 and install drivers for very larger or scuzzi drives.

HTH
Darren
South Africa

what was the bsod error message

Tried this, but still having the same problem.
Thank you though.

The blue screen error message "IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_"

The blue screen error message "IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_"

You should see something like STOP 0X0080007x in the blue screen as well...that would tell more than the IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN statement which coul be anything ranging from drivers to hardware issues

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.