For the past few months any disk I put in has to be opened manually for it to start. Is their a way to fix this?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

For the past few months any disk I put in has to be opened manually for it to start. Is their a way to fix this?

When you say any disk what specifically are you referring to, CDs, DVDs, movies, data CDs?

go to mycomputer,right click on the drive icon and go properties/autoplay and set what program you want to use to open each cd type ,like wmp to play music disk and so on,

go to mycomputer,right click on the drive icon and go properties/autoplay and set what program you want to use to open each cd type ,like wmp to play music disk and so on,

Some data CDs will require to be opened manually.

When you say any disk what specifically are you referring to, CDs, DVDs, movies, data CDs?

Everything from software to cd's will not start.

Everything from software to cd's will not start.

is that even after following the auto play setup in my post above

is that even after following the auto play setup in my post above

I got it to work! thxs so much:cheesy:

your welcome!!

Some data CDs will require to be opened manually.

I was mistaken here, I thought that a disk had to have a autorun.ini file in order to auto start. I wasn't aware that you could set the autorun feature to open all disks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.