I'm running on a custom built computer with an Intel Celeron CPU(2.53GHz) with 512(it says 504 because I rerouted more RAM into playing WoW) MB RAM and Windows XP Service Pack 2, and a few months ago I installed Photoshop CS2. It worked fine then, but then my mother and I swapped computers and CS2 got removed from this one and every time I try to re-install it, it comes up with an error that says

"Adobe Photoshop 8 cannot run on the current operating system."

even though all the system requirements are covered.

It should work, and I need it to work for my classes. Can someone help?

- Bekka

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by gamer_ankh

So are the specs listed for the computer in question?

I do believe I wrote out the system specs in the first sentence of my post... unless you mean some other kind of specs? Although I did forget to mention the 80GB harddrive with 50GB free.

-Bekka

When you say it has 512 it says 504 because I rerouted more RAM how did you reroute the RAM?

Now do a search on your hard drive make sure the advanced search hidden files and subfolders are checked.

delete all traces of Photoshop CS2.

Then go to Start - Run type Regedit search your registry for Photoshop CS2 and delete all entries reboot and try reinstalling.

i think what he means is he has 512 and the Grahpics card uses 8mb. I got a thinkpad with 4mb graphics which gives it a usable ram of 124mb which is a pain as many apps cry not enough ram :(

i think what he means is he has 512 and the Grahpics card uses 8mb. I got a thinkpad with 4mb graphics which gives it a usable ram of 124mb which is a pain as many apps cry not enough ram :(

Indeed, that's what I meant... though I'm a "she", but that doesnt matter. My dad is going to try and fix the registry if that's the problem, so...yeah.

-Bekka

So we cleaned the registry and stuff, but there's still a problem. We thought it might be because of the graphics card we installed, so we tried installing it without the card enabled, but that didnt work, so we're rather at a loss here.

Something appears to be reporting the wrong operating system on my comp, telling CS2 that I dont have the right one or something...

does photoshop run on a celeron?

i know some games and cad applications etc... state that they require a good cpu

CS2 ran fine on this computer late last year before I installed the new NVidia graphics card and World of Warcraft, back when it was my mom's computer. I dont know what my mom did to it before giving it to me, but CS2 got removed and then it decided to not want to reinstall.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.